Trident Fibers Technician
Summary of work performed:
Produce a first quality yarn with acceptable yarn yields.
- Assist Supervisor and Quality Department with yarn production.
- Coordinate daily production on extrusion lines and texturing/ winder/ twister/ lab.
- Assist in troubleshooting.
- Build and install packs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment in Trident.
- Train existing and new employees on all functions of Trident.
- Use the appropriate specification sheets to set up the equipment.
- Perform startups, changeovers, and power failures.
- Lead by promoting safety, quality, and teamwork throughout the department.
- Ensure good daily housekeeping.
- Monitor production, on all equipment ensure first quality product.
- Complete all documents and testing at designated intervals.
- Perform all lab test.
Education/ Knowledge Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- One to Two years of "hands on" production experience.
- Proficient in writing, reading, and understanding English.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Mechanically and/ or electrically inclined.
- Good reading, writing, and comprehension skills are a must for this position.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and designated supervisor and other technicians.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Proficient in using metric tools.
- Hands on approach to work, proactive and takes all tasks to completion including housekeeping responsibilities.
- Ability to stand and to use hands and fingers to handle and feel.
- Frequently required to walk and to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and/ or move up to 55lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Climbing and bending.
Physical working conditions:
- Noise level is usually loud and requires ear protection.
For this position you will have to train on 1st shift then be able to move to either 2nd shift or 3rd shift.