Summary: Entry level; Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using trucks, or other lifting equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stack cargo in locations using pallets or cargo boards
- Move materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Operate PIT (powered industrial trucks), pallet jacks, cranes, hoists, or other moving or lifting equipment.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the load limits while operating equipment such as the overhead crane.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow safety regulations.
- Unload incoming trucks with new materials
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performing General Physical Activities — Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. See more occupations related to this activity.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitor and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Gathering Information — observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Education and/or Experiences:
High School Diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required
Language – Must be proficient in English. Reading, comprehending and understand the English language.
Basic knowledge of computers
See attached Physical Job Analysis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.