The mechanic is responsible for maintaining and repairing production and facility equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Inspect production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts
- Test machine or equipment operation following repair
- Document repair work completed.
- Keep workplace neat, clean and sanitary in accordance with established policies.
- Follow all established safety rules and report deficiencies found.
- Responsible for overall food quality and food safety.
- Adhere with company attendance requirement
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract, the company, at its discretion, may modify or change this job description at any time as the responsibilities, duties, or requirements of this job may change.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The incumbent must be detail orientated, have a high school degree and possess at least 5 years of maintenance experience; possess excellent communications, organizational and computer skills and be able to work under stressful conditions to meet strict deadlines.
REASONING ABILITY: Be able to think through problem situations in a logical and timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The incumbent must be able to lift and carry parts and equipment up to 50 pounds
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Attend and complete all education and training programs required by the company
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is a non-temperature controlled facility where working times are dictated by the production schedule. From time to time the incumbent may be asked to work overtime to meet strict deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.