The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the Maintenance Department,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees.
- Inspects work for completeness.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used.
- Transfers equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
- Keeps employee time – attendance and other routine records.
- Coordinates or installs, inspects repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all locations.
- Coordinates or inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems (including boiler system) in all locations.
- Does general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves and landscaping.
- Coordinates renovations of existing facilities and the construction of new facilities.
- Coordinates and inspects major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all locations.
- Possession of a current and valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
- Abide by the company’s attendance expectations
- Follow established safety rules and report deficiencies found.
- Responsible for overall food quality and food safety.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract, the company, at its discretion, may modify or change this job description at any time as the responsibilities, duties, or requirements of this job may change.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The employee must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 5 years of management experience. A thorough knowledge of machine maintenance and facilities management. He/She must also have strong communication skills and prior supervisory experience in maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and vendors/contractors.
- Ability to install, inspect, repair and maintain the electrical, plumbing and other related systems within FDA regulations.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed.
- Ability to inspect, operate and maintain the heating, cooling and ventilation system and the boiler system. Skill in maintaining and repairing security hardware.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Be able to read measurements, calipers, micrometers, and perform necessary size and part conversions
REASONING ABILITY: Be able to think through problem situations in a logical and timely manner.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Attend and complete all education and training programs required by the company
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is a non-temperature controlled facility where working times are dictated by the production schedule. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.