Concession workers operate a profitable part of the movie theater business by selling patrons a variety of snacks. After the smell of fresh popcorn and liquid butter attract moviegoers to the food stand, concession workers need to provide quick and friendly service. In between popping popcorn and pouring drinks, concession workers handle monetary transactions and keep the area clean and sanitary.
· Ability to provide excellent guest service while working in a fast-paced environment
· Serve food and beverages to customers in a very fast-paced environment
· Proper cash handling including, greet and service guests at the registers, taking orders, and accepting payments, handling cash, debit and credit cards
· Prepare food such as popcorn, fountain sodas, and pouring beer and wine using standard formulas or following directions.
· Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines; and accept payment and make change.
· Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean dishes and fountain equipment
· Inventory control: Assess inventory and assist in preparing product orders as necessary
· Stock and restock items as necessary
· Insure all sanitation procedures are followed relating to all local licensing regulations