A banquet attendant performs serving duties at dinners and events. They must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely. In a typical restaurant setting, the wait staff will have tables they are assigned to cover, but banquet attendants are responsible for accommodating all guests at a function while circulating the room. Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests are common required tasks.
- Carry trays, serve guests
- Clean up at the event's conclusion
- Set up can include putting out tablecloths and place settings
- Arranging table placement and putting up a buffet
- Banquet attendants must adhere to health and safety standards at all times,
- Responsible for closing down at the end of the event, which may include breaking down the table set up and light dish-washing.
- Be able to complete server’s duties during the event.
- Have to be able to stand on their feet and moving around freely.