2nd Shift Supervisor
This position is responsible for the supervision of employees as well as operating recycling equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties for a MRF Supervisor. The actual duties may vary.
- Supervise and direct operators
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Operate sorting equipment
- Conduct pre and post shift inspection of machinery
- Ensure all company safety programs and work rules are followed
- Communicate a positive atmosphere with co-workers
- Monitor and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform evaluations, discipline, counseling, and employee terminations
- Operate vehicle to empty roll-off containers
- Operate a baler
- Communicate directly with Operations Manager
- Maintain accurate daily paperwork
- Ability to multi-task;
- Follow all safety policies and procedures;
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the physical performance of this position, the requirements will vary dependent upon the task:
- Lift, carry and push/pull heavy items and/or equipment greater than 50#;
- Climb into and out of equipment;
- Exposure to noise, odors, dust and temperature conditions.