2nd Shift Material Handler
We are looking to hire Material Handler for 2nd shift. The hours for this position would be 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
- Monitor the material needs of various production areas through visual inspection, oral instructions, or work orders, pick materials from storage, and deliver items to the appropriate machines or production areas, using forklift, cranes, sit- down tow motors, and stand- up tow motor.
- Monitor production of parts, read routing cards, and move parts to next operational department (i.e. wash, shipping, etc)
- Track inventory movements by scanning labels, including packing slips, and entering items information into Shop Floor Plus system.
- Load and unload freight and materials to or from loading dock or delivery vehicles, using forklifts, sit- down tow motors and stand- up tow motors
- Check delivery quantities, sort materials,and store items according to the department's storage system.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected and organized.
- Monitor inventory levels, submitting material order requests as needed.
- Prepare shipments, including counting or weighing parts to ensure correct quantities, organizing orders based on their shipping destination and priority, scanning and tracking orders, and communicating with delivery drivers to ensure accuracy.
- Check forklifts and other machinery for full charge and proper functioning.
- Construct boxes, using staple gun.
- Cut materials to proper lengths based on job, using saw.
- Dump chips or scraps, using forklift or by hand.
- Integrity- Reliability, Responsibility and accountability
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner, including operating heavy machinery
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and perform repeated physical tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Prior experience in a warehouse, operating forklifts, sit- down tow motor, and stand-up tow motors
- Skill in coordination and logistics
- Skill in operating a computer- experience in Shop Floor Plus and Infor ERP XA Power- Link preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic math, algebra, fractions, measures, and weight.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.